An excellent resource for all you hopeful authors out there

Find Literary Agents and Publishers at QueryTracker.net

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Taking that first step

I've been wanting to start my own blog for some time now, but I was hesitant. I was under the misconception that only published authors had one of these things, and what's worse, I thought that lil' ol' me wasn't good enough for a prestigious blog of my own.
I was wrong x's 2.
I recently returned from my first writers conference and I brought with me a wealth of information and inspiration. This particular conference offered several helpful workshops which I attended with wide-eyed fervor. There were two recurring themes that I heard loud and clear throughout my three days there: 
1) The only rule of writing is that there are no rules.
and
2) Start your own blog. 
Seeing as how several different speakers emphasized those two points, I took them both to heart and here I am. 
My name is Jennifer B. Fields. I hope to have a successful career as a novelist someday soon. I've started this blog to share my writing journey with the you. It is my hope that I can offer advice and insight to all the struggling writers out there. I plan on keeping you apprised of the progress in my latest endeavor entitled "Wallflower". I can also predict that you will be forced to bear witness to my own personal ups and downs of confidence, opportunities and expeditions, both positive and negative. If you are a writer, you know that these ups and downs are frequent and can be rather severe and even debilitating.
Still, I vow to get back on that bucking horse of publication and continue my quest to become one of the few "lucky" ones to make it to the bookstore shelves. I hope you'll join me. :)

2 comments:

  1. Good for You! Keep it up and keep it going. I'm in the process of completely revamping my blog. Look for it soon! I am also working on my novel. This is so much harder than non-fiction, but I'm not giving up. Never.

    Grins, and welcome to the blogosphere!

    LL Derr

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck with your blog and your writing career! Very nice first post!

    ReplyDelete