An excellent resource for all you hopeful authors out there

Find Literary Agents and Publishers at QueryTracker.net

Sunday, July 10, 2011

There's No Vacation for Writers

Hi, remember me?

I don't want to know how long it's been since my last post. My family and I have been planning, executing and dealing with the aftermath of moving to a new state. We're still in limbo since we haven't found a house yet, but despite our physical discomfort, one thing remains constant: I am still a writer. Even though I don't get to write as regularly as I could before, my mind is constantly working, cranking out new ideas and working over the old ones.

That's why I wanted to write this post, because a writer is never NOT writing. Even if I was vacationing in Fiji, I would be writing about the things I see there. If I was relaxing at an ultra-posh Spa, I'd be writing about the things I experience there.

So even though I haven't been able to sit down and write as regularly as I would have liked in the last month or so, I'm always writing in my mind. I think any true writer would do the same.

Now, as I'm getting settled in my new surroundings, I've come up with a better storyline for my first book "Hibiscus, Believe". It was such a good storyline, that I decided to rewrite the whole thing. Quite an undertaking, but it will be very much worth it. Perhaps I should change the title of my blog to "The Evolution of Hibiscus." Naaaaa.

I hope it won't be as long before I get around to another post, but I fully intend to share my adventures with you about living in my new town of Salem, Oregon.

TTYS!

3 comments:

  1. I've been waiting for a blog post, glad to see things might be starting to settle down a little bit for you!

    You're so right too, I think anyone with the mind of a writer is always writing. Whether we have the time or not, whether we feel like being creative or just need to go to sleep, the mind is always writing.

    What a challenge to give yourself, rewriting your book! I know you'll make it something amazing though, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've missed you, Darian! Yes, things are starting to calm down around here, but it's increasingly difficult to concentrate and write in a 22 foot trailer with my husband, daughter and 3 doggies making a racket. I actually have to pack up my 10lb laptop and travel to the nearest bookstore for some solace.
    I have a feeling you'll be seeing a lot more of me now. Wanna' get back to business? How's "Love, Unfinished" coming along?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jennifer, you are right. A writer's mind is always writing even when it's supposed to be on vacation. Often that's when the solution to the problem we've struggle with for weeks or months decides to pop up.
    Glad you're getting settled in.

    ReplyDelete