An excellent resource for all you hopeful authors out there

Find Literary Agents and Publishers at QueryTracker.net

Monday, September 13, 2010

Killing Two Birds with One Essay


           What am I putting off right now? Excellent question! I’m putting off revising my novel. Perhaps it’s a bit of good old-fashioned procrastination, but mostly it’s a lack of “zing” on my part.
            Life has gotten to me lately and even though revising my book is a vital first priority, it is also the pink elephant in the room that I’d rather not acknowledge. My book is worthy of my time, don’t get me wrong, but I see it as my own Mount Everest; daunting and seemingly insurmountable. (Notice how the word insurmountable has the word “mount” in it, as in mountain? That can’t be a coincidence.)
            I digress. I started this little blurb as a writing exercise that I found on creativity-portal.com in an attempt to bring back my motivation and my imagination. As I looked at what I was typing, I realized that it would be a perfect entry for my currently neglected blog. Perhaps I could kill two birds with one essay and alleviate the guilt I carry for two separate offenses.
            Ahhhh, better already.
            I’m in chapter 4 of the revision stage of “Wallflower”. I must complete the necessary revisions before my book is fit for agent consumption. No pressure there, right?
            One scene at a time Jennifer. One scene at a time and pay no mind to the blinking cursor that’s mocking you.

1 comment:

  1. This post made me smile and encouraged me to get to work on my own writing projects! So, Bravo to you!! You can do it!!!

    ReplyDelete