An excellent resource for all you hopeful authors out there

Find Literary Agents and Publishers at QueryTracker.net

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Deadlines Don't Scare Me!

I've done it!

I have finished the first round of edits on time!

Shortly after my last post, I received a red-slashed package in my e-mail. I knew what to expect, but it didn't cushion the blow of seeing all those red marks spattering my hard work. 

I can't speak for other writers, but I, for one, thrived in the face of such a challenge. I was given a little over a week to complete the corrections, and I dove right in with a great cannonball splash.

Even though I barely spoke to my family for a week, and my housecleaning suffered, I had a blast! This writing thing is such a cursed blessing. I'm loving every single ounce of it. Even the hair-pulling parts. Such a whirlwind of emotions. One moment frustrating, the next, exhilarating. 

The whirlwind won't stop at the editing process. Once Wallflower is all pretty and polished to a mirror shine, I have to market my book. 

That's a full-time job in itself. I must admit, I don't have a clue where to start. So many avenues. So many websites. How do I get my foot in the door? How do I get on that list everyone seems to be on for invitations to guest blog and interview? How do I become an active participant in selling Wallflower?

Though it may be mind-boggling now, don't get me wrong. I'm enjoying every minute. Next step: Round two edits. I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

  1. This book is going to take off you will know just what to do when the time comes. You are such an amazing writer and friend.Cant wait to see the book all finished it is an amazing story everyone you dont want to miss it!!!

    ReplyDelete