An excellent resource for all you hopeful authors out there

Find Literary Agents and Publishers at QueryTracker.net

Monday, April 9, 2012

Sure, I May Look Calm and Collected, but...

Don't look at me like that. 

I know I've been neglecting my blog. 

My fingers have been busy on the keyboard elsewhere. Lots to do with a book coming out in just a couple of weeks...


It's still so amazing to hear that: "I have a book coming out in two weeks." :-D


With the second round of edits finished, I promptly moved on to concocting a book trailer video to post on youtube and my website. With the help of Windows Movie Maker I put together my masterpiece. I call it that, because it took twelve days and a good chunk of my sanity to make it. The finished product is exactly what I pictured when I began, and I've never been more proud.


No, I can't post it yet. The book's not out yet. I can't have people going to Amazon to buy a copy of a book that's not there. But I will post it soon.


With the book trailer done, I now have to focus on a marketing strategy. *Sigh* That's the tough part for me. I don't know where to begin. I'm already a befuddled mess. But because I'm an organized person, I think I'll start by laying out a schedule of sights to visit each week. I'll leave my fingerprint behind and move on to the next target. 


I sure would appreciate some input from my friends and followers in this department. Have you marketed a book in the past? Found a site that did wonders for you? Please leave a comment and share it with me. I could use all the help I can get. :-\

1 comment:

  1. So excited to get my hands on a copy soon! I'm hoping I can get you to sign it for me too, that way when you're you super famous I can say "Yeah, I know her!"

    So far what has given me the best results marketing my book has been a consistent amount of online buzz. Sure I had a big wave at release, but then I kept my focus on having a steady stream afterward, because it helps build momentum. Having a few blogs a month review my work, interviews, and guest posts give me the biggest jump in traffic and sales. I also do giveaways, but I typically (and somewhat shamefully!) reserve those for blogs/websites with a large following. Also see if groupes like Kindle Lovers (on Facebook) will feature your book, because you can't go wrong with a group that has 32k+ followers.

    Also, be sure to send out some press releases to the local media. Many of them love to interview local authors. I could go on and on, but I don't want to hijack your comments! Just email if you want me to keep rambling lol. So proud of you!

    ReplyDelete