An excellent resource for all you hopeful authors out there

Find Literary Agents and Publishers at QueryTracker.net

Monday, October 18, 2010

No Way to Go but Up!

I'm currently up to chapter 12 in my editing journey. "Wallflower" is coming along nicely. I'm looking so forward to sending off the finished, polished product to agents everywhere. 
On top of my editing duties, I just found out that I need to revamp my second novel "Hibiscus, Believe" as well. 
I entered "Hibiscus" in the Page to Fame contest on Webook.com nearly a year ago. Slowly but steadily, my little fairy story climbed the ranks from level one to level three. Each time I was promoted to the next level, I lost more and more interest in the progress of this novel. I knew that the writing was sub-par. I've learned so much since I submitted that book to the contest. In reading it, I could see the glaring oversights that I couldn't see before, but I was powerless to change it...until now!
Since my little story has made it to round three, I will no longer be graded by webook readers. In round three, I will be rated by Webook reading pros as well as professional literary agents...Did you hear me??? I said AGENTS!! 
Webook informed me that I can now edit my book if I choose and take up to three months to resubmit my book for round three. 
SO...in addition to polishing "Wallflower", I must now go back and edit "Hibiscus, Believe". I don't mind the extra work. Anything to improve my writing is worth the time. :)

1 comment: