An excellent resource for all you hopeful authors out there

Find Literary Agents and Publishers at QueryTracker.net

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Milestone

ATTENTION WORLD:

 "Wallflower" edits are done!!!  I have completed my final edits and I am prepared to send my precious little story out into the big, bad beyond. "Fly. Be free!" I say as I nudge my little story out of the nest.
 Too much? Over the top?
 Perhaps, but it's a huge milestone for me. For those of you following along, we've reached a culmination of sorts in this blog. I have three agents that are expecting the first 50 pages of this book. That's my next goal, but I had to share my joy with you today.
"Wallflower" is not my favorite work, but it is the nearest and dearest to my heart. Out of all of my works, I believe "Wallflower" to be the roundest, fullest and most complete of my novels. I love the characters and everything about the storyline. I hope that the agents feel the same way.
Now I'm fantasizing about a bidding war. In my daydreams, I can see two or more agents fighting to represent my work. Oh how they will vie for my affections, sending the literary equivalent of flowers, candy and obnoxious singing telegrams. In the grand tradition of Scarlett O'hara, I shall fan myself and bat my eyelashes saying, "Boys, boys! Don't fight over 'lil old me. Fiddle-dee-dee."
Ahhh, this is the sigh of the contented writer.
More later...

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Jennifer, you should be truly proud of yourself! Now, just sit back, relax, and wait for the bidding war to commence!

    ReplyDelete