An excellent resource for all you hopeful authors out there

Find Literary Agents and Publishers at QueryTracker.net

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Look Mom, No Computer Skills!

I'm sure everyone feels like doing that once in a while. In my case, I feel like committing hardware homicide on a daily basis. In my infinite imagination, I've daydreamed and fantasized the many glorious ways that I could end the life of the machine that loves to mock me. Don't get me wrong, I know enough about computers to get me through the day, but I'm am frequently reminded why I utterly and completely failed freshman computer lit.
I do not speak computer. My mind doesn't work that way.
That is why I am thanking the shiny stars above that I have a computer savvy husband and tech-literate friends who love me. Without them, I would never start a website of my own.
That's what I've been working on today. It's not up and running as of yet, but the prototype looks beautiful! I am in awe of the intricacies of the process; click this, add that, drop-down menus, control/V, text boxes, formats, jpg's, click this box, don't click that box...YIKES! My head would have imploded within five minutes if I'd tried it alone.
Thank you Anne for all your hard work today. And to all of my followers, my website should be ready soon. You'll be the first to know.
So don't kill your computer. It may not be able to show it's affection for you, but it does love you all the way down to its little pixels.

No comments:

Post a Comment